Why do Architecture Maturity Assessments regularly?
What shape is your Architecture practice in?
Do you know what shape your company’s Architecture team are in health-wise? You should test your team against some form of Industry or third-party benchmark. Architecture Maturity Assessments should be like clock-work. Once a year.
What is Architecture maturity?
- Architecture practices start off being non-existent nor recognised as a capability. A few good people fighting the good fight.
- Then practices become more formal and recognised but still reactive. A team where individuals each do their best to fight the good fight.
- Then practices become proactive, functional and repeatable. A team which do their best according to their method to align the architecture.
- Then practices move towards better integration with other structures. With better communication to more stakeholders. A team which do their best according to their method and integrations to other teams to align architecture.
- Finally they become ubiquitous. They drive out business value outcomes as part of the daily function. A team whose raison d’etre is understood and their methods and business alliances make a massive difference to the efficient and effective business operation.
Measuring your Architecture maturity
Benefits of doing an assessment
- It’s quick – 10 minutes of each assesee’s time.
- It’s easy – Minimal questions to cover your entire architecture capability.
- It’s free – Avoid expensive audits that by the sheer cost only happen once in a blue moon.
- It’s impartial – Get a 3rd party impartial view of your architecture practice.
- It’s based on industry standards – BAMM, TOGAF, Gartner, etc.
- It’s repeatable – Because of the above it’s easy to do once a year and keep a track of progress
Want to take it further and do the free assessment?
If you are interested, read up more on this free health-check Architecture Maturity Assessment service.
You must be logged in to post a comment.