Charles Edwards Archimate CV
This follows on a previous blog on Why a CV in Archimate. This is Charles Edwards Archimate CV done mainly using the Archimate Notation with some pure text. For those not familiar with this you can find a Archimate V2.1 Key and Archimate V3 Key in the specification. This CV is organised chronologically from most recent to role going back in time.
Nationality: Dual British & South African Driving License: Full Mobile: +27 61 849 5792
Enterprise Architecture: http://www.AgileEA.com LinkedIn references: www.linkedin.com/in/charlesedwards
CV version: Last updated on 2017-04-03 (this blog will be updated from time to time to keep it current.)
Charles is a TOGAF Certified Enterprise Architect primarily with Architecture knowledge across all domains from Business to IT. TOGAF v8.1 in 2006, again certified v9.1 in 2013. Current interest in Business Architecture primarily. My background has been in founding and running a software development consultancy for half my career (first 14 years). The second half of my career has been spent contracting in Enterprise and IT Architecture and Software Development Processes (Process Engineering) mainly within the Financial, Payments, Telco, Utility and Government sectors. I have a strong Enterprise Architecture knowledge and provided leadership in process and methods being a keen advocate of the COBIT, TOGAF, Agile, Lean, SAFe methods. My passion and key strength is in Visual Modeling in multiple notations.
Second Half of my Career (1998 – current) – contracting / consulting
- Enterprise Architect @ Sanlam – Cape Town, SA
- Enterprise Architect @ Old Mutual – Cape Town, SA
- Business Architect @ Plymouth City Council – Plymouth, UK
- Business Architect, Enterprise Architect & Solution Architect @ Fundamo.com (Visa) – Cape Town, SA
- Enterprise Architect, Data Architect & Solution Architect @ Fin Services Authority (FSA) – London, UK
- Enterprise Architect @ Catlin Underwriting in London, UK
- Enterprise Architect @ Network Rail in London, UK
- Enterprise Architect @ LCH.Clearnet in London, UK
- Process Architect @ MTN (a Mobile Telco) in Johannesburg – South Africa
- RUP Project Manager @ LCH.Clearnet in London, UK
- Process Architect / Mentor @ BACS and Lloyds TSB in London, UK
- Process Architect @ HSBC in London, UK
- Development Manager & RUP Process Engineer roles @ Earthport.com in London, UK
- Delphi OO Developer @ Nationwide
First Half of my Career (1984 – 1998) – ran my own software development company
- CEO & founder of a Software Development & Consultancy company for 14.5 years in Durban South Africa
- Clients included: Mondi, Sappi Forestry, SA Sugar Assoc, Reutech (Defence), Lipton, SA Nylon Spinners, Telemecanique, Rudolph Chemicals, Umgeni Water and Robertsons.
- Charles has done multiple Enterprise Architecture Tools Evaluation and procurement exercises.
- He has spoken at 6 international conferences in the last five years;
- Charles also built and runs www.agileea.com
- TOGAF 9.1 and 8.1, Zachman, BIZBoK, IEEE 1471, MODAF, ITIL, COBIT, CMMI, SPEM, BMM, ETOM, PEAF, POET, APQC, IBM IAA/IPS, OpenStack, BCBS239
- Techniques: Gap Analysis, Road-mapping, Portfolio planning, Business Model Canvas, Capability Modeling, SWOT, Strategy Value mapping, Decision Rule modeling, Target Operating Models, Blueprints, etc.
- Modelling Notations: Archimate, UML, BPMN, ER Data Modelling, Cisco network, BMC, Cust Journey.
- SOA & Web (HTTP, XML, UDDI, WSDL, WS*), IBM WebSphere, Oracle Fusion, JBoss Fuse, WSO2, JEE, ESB, MQ, MDM, IAM, ETL, REST, API, JSON
- Data: BI, DWH, SQL, RDBMS Oracle+SQLServer+MySql, NoSQL Hadoop, Hive, Pig, scoop, oozie, Solr, DocumentDB, redis, PowerBI, Azure SQL DW, SSIS, SSRS
- Security: XSS, SQL Injection, pen testing, SAML, PCI-DSS, ISO27000, OSA, CISA, SSO, SABSA.
- Scaled Agile Framework (SAFe), DAD, Rational Unified Process (RUP), PRINCE 2, SCRUM, XP, SDLC.
- EA Tools: Orbus i-Server, Inspired.org’s EVA, Casewise, Troux, ProVision EA, Aris, System Architect, IBM RSA & Rhapsody, Mood Bus Arch, ERWin, Sparx Enterprise Architect, Power Designer, Dragon1.com
- DevOps tools: Eclipse, Jira, Subversion, Puppet, Jenkins, GIT, Artifactory, ClearCase, ClearQuest, ReqPro.
- Other tools: SharePoint, Joomla, EPF, Zoho Creator & Zoho CRM, Confluence, Talend MDM
- Cloud: AWS Cloud, Azure, Openstack, VMWare ESX
- Communicate with confidence at all levels. / Excellent inter-personal, written, leadership and presentation skills / Collaborative – Excellent team, workshop and JAD facilitation skills.
- Articulate – able to communicate with confidence at all levels. / Excellent inter-personal, written, leadership and presentation skills / Collaborative – Excellent team, workshop and JAD facilitation skills.
2017-01-to-2017-02 – Sanlam – Enterprise Architect Role
2015-05-to-2016-12 – Old Mutual – Enterprise Architect Role
2014-10-to-2015-02 – Plymouth City Council – Business Architect Role
2013-04-to-2014-06 – Visa – Business Architect Role
2012-10-to-2013-03 – Visa – Enterprise Architect Role
2011-06-to-2012-09 – Visa – Solution Architect Role
2011-01 to 2017-02 – Africa4Adventure.com – CEO
2009-09-to-2010-12 – FSA – Solution Architect Role
2008-06-to-2008-12 – FSA – Solution Architect Role
2008-01-to-2009-08 – FSA – Enterprise Architect & Data Architect Role
2007-11-to-2008-01 – Catlin underwriting – Enterprise Architect Role
2007-09-to-2007-11 – Network Rail – Enterprise Architect Role
2006-06-to-2007-07 – LCH.Clearnet – Enterprise Architect Role
2005-05-to-2006-04 – MTN – RUP Process Engineer Role
2003-12-to-2004-10 – LCH.Clearnet – RUP Project Manager Role
Previous roles include:
- Process & Solution Architect / Mentor @ BACS, Aug 2003 – Sep 2003 (2 months)
- Process & Solution Architect @ Lloyds TSB (Concise), Aug 2002 – Jul 2003 (11 months)
- Process Engineer Consultant @ BACS (Concise), Aug 2002 – Jul 2003 (11 months)
- Solution Architect Mentor @ HSBC Investment Banking, Mar 2001 – Nov 2001 (9 months)
- Development Manager & Process Mentor @ Earthport.com PLC, Aug 1999 – Feb 2001 (18 months)
- OO Delphi / VB Developer (COM Specialist) @ Nationwide Trust, 1998 – 1999 (1 year)
- Technology Enterprise Architect @ Umgeni Water (South Africa), 1993 – 1996 (3 years)
- CEO and founder of a Software development house Time 2 Talk CC (South Africa), 1985 – 1998 (14 yrs)
- Processing Big Data with Hadoop in Azure HDInsight (Certificate 2017)
- Developing NoSQL Solutions in Azure (Certificate 2017)
- Interpreting and Communicating Data Insights in Business (Certificate 2017)
- Delivering a Data Warehouse in the Cloud (Certificate 2017)
- IBM Insurance Application Architecture (IAA)/Insurance Process & Services, 4 days in April 2016
- Orbus i-Server – Admin and Modeller course – 4 days in 2015
- Business Architect – Techniques – 4 days course (from Inspired.org) in 2014
- TOGAF 9.1 Certified Architect, Nov 2013
- Mendix Apprentice Certified 2013.
- TOGAF 8.1 Certified Architect, summer 2006
- RUP, UML, Use Cases, ReqPro, Rose, ClearQuest & ClearCase and Rational Tools Certified over 2000 – 2003
- BSc in Computer Science (information systems), University of Natal Durban 1984
- Attended numerous courses over the years on: unix, SQL, OO, UML, Delphi, Java, XML, SOA, Information Engineering, Requirements, Information Architecture, etc.
You must be logged in to post a comment.